Apr 21, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday. They would like to follow that up with their first postseason victory on home ice tonight.
Columbus got things started on a high note when Boone Jenner scored just 1:38 minutes into the contest. It was the 20-year-old rookie forward’s first career playoff goal.
There’s still a lot of time left in this game and the series, but Pittsburgh began the first round as the heavy favorites against the inexperienced Blue Jackets. Now it looks like this series could go either way.
Before the contest began, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones talked about the possibility of Columbus pulling off an upset:
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)