Apr 21, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday. They would like to follow that up with their first postseason victory on home ice tonight.
Columbus got things started on a high note when Boone Jenner scored just 1:38 minutes into the contest. It was the 20-year-old rookie forward’s first career playoff goal.
There’s still a lot of time left in this game and the series, but Pittsburgh began the first round as the heavy favorites against the inexperienced Blue Jackets. Now it looks like this series could go either way.
Before the contest began, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones talked about the possibility of Columbus pulling off an upset:
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)