Apr 21, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday. They would like to follow that up with their first postseason victory on home ice tonight.
Columbus got things started on a high note when Boone Jenner scored just 1:38 minutes into the contest. It was the 20-year-old rookie forward’s first career playoff goal.
There’s still a lot of time left in this game and the series, but Pittsburgh began the first round as the heavy favorites against the inexperienced Blue Jackets. Now it looks like this series could go either way.
Before the contest began, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones talked about the possibility of Columbus pulling off an upset:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)