Apr 21, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday. They would like to follow that up with their first postseason victory on home ice tonight.
Columbus got things started on a high note when Boone Jenner scored just 1:38 minutes into the contest. It was the 20-year-old rookie forward’s first career playoff goal.
There’s still a lot of time left in this game and the series, but Pittsburgh began the first round as the heavy favorites against the inexperienced Blue Jackets. Now it looks like this series could go either way.
Before the contest began, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones talked about the possibility of Columbus pulling off an upset:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32