Apr 21, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets won their first playoff game in franchise history on Saturday. They would like to follow that up with their first postseason victory on home ice tonight.
Columbus got things started on a high note when Boone Jenner scored just 1:38 minutes into the contest. It was the 20-year-old rookie forward’s first career playoff goal.
There’s still a lot of time left in this game and the series, but Pittsburgh began the first round as the heavy favorites against the inexperienced Blue Jackets. Now it looks like this series could go either way.
Before the contest began, Mike Milbury and Keith Jones talked about the possibility of Columbus pulling off an upset:
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 61
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15