Apr 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
The underdog Dallas Stars may be down 2-0 in their first-round series with the Anaheim Ducks, but coach Lindy Ruff doesn’t feel like his team has been out-classed by the top seed in the Western Conference.
“It doesn’t feel like an 0-2 series. We definitely haven’t been dominated,” said Ruff, per the Associated Press. “In fact, the last game we dominated, we just didn’t win. So we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes and take advantage of some of those key opportunities.”
In Game 2, a 3-2 Ducks victory, Dallas outshot Anaheim 36-19 overall and 15-2 in the third period. Per Extra Skater, here’s what it looked like in chart form:
There was also this bad turnover on Anaheim’s first goal:
And this bad turnover on Anaheim’s second goal:
And this horrendous breakdown on Anaheim’s third goal:
So, yeah, “we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes” was a good way for Ruff to put it.
Game 3 goes tonight in Dallas.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)