Apr 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
The underdog Dallas Stars may be down 2-0 in their first-round series with the Anaheim Ducks, but coach Lindy Ruff doesn’t feel like his team has been out-classed by the top seed in the Western Conference.
“It doesn’t feel like an 0-2 series. We definitely haven’t been dominated,” said Ruff, per the Associated Press. “In fact, the last game we dominated, we just didn’t win. So we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes and take advantage of some of those key opportunities.”
In Game 2, a 3-2 Ducks victory, Dallas outshot Anaheim 36-19 overall and 15-2 in the third period. Per Extra Skater, here’s what it looked like in chart form:
There was also this bad turnover on Anaheim’s first goal:
And this bad turnover on Anaheim’s second goal:
And this horrendous breakdown on Anaheim’s third goal:
So, yeah, “we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes” was a good way for Ruff to put it.
Game 3 goes tonight in Dallas.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)