Apr 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
The underdog Dallas Stars may be down 2-0 in their first-round series with the Anaheim Ducks, but coach Lindy Ruff doesn’t feel like his team has been out-classed by the top seed in the Western Conference.
“It doesn’t feel like an 0-2 series. We definitely haven’t been dominated,” said Ruff, per the Associated Press. “In fact, the last game we dominated, we just didn’t win. So we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes and take advantage of some of those key opportunities.”
In Game 2, a 3-2 Ducks victory, Dallas outshot Anaheim 36-19 overall and 15-2 in the third period. Per Extra Skater, here’s what it looked like in chart form:
There was also this bad turnover on Anaheim’s first goal:
And this bad turnover on Anaheim’s second goal:
And this horrendous breakdown on Anaheim’s third goal:
So, yeah, “we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes” was a good way for Ruff to put it.
Game 3 goes tonight in Dallas.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 14
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)