Apr 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
The underdog Dallas Stars may be down 2-0 in their first-round series with the Anaheim Ducks, but coach Lindy Ruff doesn’t feel like his team has been out-classed by the top seed in the Western Conference.
“It doesn’t feel like an 0-2 series. We definitely haven’t been dominated,” said Ruff, per the Associated Press. “In fact, the last game we dominated, we just didn’t win. So we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes and take advantage of some of those key opportunities.”
In Game 2, a 3-2 Ducks victory, Dallas outshot Anaheim 36-19 overall and 15-2 in the third period. Per Extra Skater, here’s what it looked like in chart form:
There was also this bad turnover on Anaheim’s first goal:
And this bad turnover on Anaheim’s second goal:
And this horrendous breakdown on Anaheim’s third goal:
So, yeah, “we’ve got to clean up some of our mistakes” was a good way for Ruff to put it.
Game 3 goes tonight in Dallas.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)