Apr 21, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Following is a screen shot from ticket reseller StubHub’s website:
Obviously, for the Blue Jackets, winning Game 2 helped build the excitement for Game 3. The proximity of Columbus and Pittsburgh is also probably stoking demand; expect plenty of Penguins fans in the building tonight.
Still, for a team that finished 27th in attendance this season, averaging just 14,698 fans per game, it marks quite the turnaround, while also lending credence to the theory that Columbus was a sleeping lion of an NHL market that just needed to be woken up.
As for the Stars, losing Games 1 and 2 in Anaheim wasn’t ideal from a ticket resale perspective. There’s also the NBA Mavericks in the playoffs to compete with. If you think $27 is cheap to see a postseason game live, tickets can be had for as little as $21.95 for Wednesday’s Game 4.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 0
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 7
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 78
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)