Apr 21, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the Dallas Stars hosting the Anaheim Ducks starting at 9:30 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
• Ducks linemates Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry each scored a goal in Game 2, marking the 10th time that both Getzlaf and Perry found the back of the net in the same playoff game. The Ducks improved to 9-1 in those games. Getzlaf and Perry both scored in the same game 13 times during the 2013-14 regular season (12-0-1 record), tied for the most such games among teammates with Stars forwards Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin (10-2-1 record). (Elias Sports Bureau)
• The Ducks have taken a two-games-to-none series lead in a best-of-seven playoff series eight times in franchise history, and gone on to win all eight series . It is the fifth time that the Ducks won Games 1 and 2 at home (4-0 record in previous series). The Stars lost Games 1 & 2 on the road for the fourth time (0-3 record) since the team moved from Minnesota in 1993.
• Dallas is seeking its first postseason win since Game 5 of the 2008 Western Conference Final vs. Detroit. The Stars’ #1 goaltender, Kari Lehtonen, is seeking his first postseason win, period. In Game 2, Lehtonen fell to 0-4 in four career postseason appearances (with Atlanta and Dallas), with a 4.58 GAA and .858 save%. He has yet to post a .900 save% in any single playoff game.
• In Game 2, Dallas outshot Anaheim 36-19 and lost 3-2. It marked the first and only time this postseason that a team registered more shots on goal than their opponent in a losing effort. The last time a team had 36 or more shots on goal and allowed 19 or fewer in a road playoff loss was April 17, 2000, when Toronto lost Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Quarters in Ottawa despite outshooting the Sens 36-15.
• Seguin and Benn had almost even statistical splits during the regular season, whether playing at home or away. Ray Whitney and Erik Cole – both Stanley Cup winners with Carolina in 2006 – boasted much better production on home ice. Neither Whitney nor Cole produced a point in Anaheim in Games 1 or 2.
• When Getzlaf (63 career points), who needs one point to tie teammate Teemu Selanne (64) on the Ducks’ all-time playoff scoring list, registers a point, the Ducks are 29-12 in the playoffs since 2005-06.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8