Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
Etem, 21, scored 11 points in 29 games with the Ducks this season, spending the majority of his time with the Admirals. The former first-round pick has been very good at the American League level, scoring 54 points in 50 games while leading the team in almost every significant offensive category.
It’s possible Etem could draw into the Ducks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas, but not likely. Matt Beleskey is still getting closer to a return from his lower-body injury and his replacement in Game 2, Devante Smith-Pelley, played very well (going plus-2 in over 13 minutes of ice).
Fistric, 27, was in Norfolk on a conditioning assignment after missing the end of the regular season with a lower-body ailment. The rugged rearguard had nine points in 34 games this year for the Ducks — the first of his three-year, $3.8 million deal signed back in January — but will have a hard time drawing back into the Anaheim lineup as the club seems pleased with its current top-six of Cam Fowler, Francois Beauchemin, Stephane Robidas, Ben Lovejoy, Hampus Lindholm and Bryan Allen.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)