Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Etem, 21, scored 11 points in 29 games with the Ducks this season, spending the majority of his time with the Admirals. The former first-round pick has been very good at the American League level, scoring 54 points in 50 games while leading the team in almost every significant offensive category.
It’s possible Etem could draw into the Ducks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas, but not likely. Matt Beleskey is still getting closer to a return from his lower-body injury and his replacement in Game 2, Devante Smith-Pelley, played very well (going plus-2 in over 13 minutes of ice).
Fistric, 27, was in Norfolk on a conditioning assignment after missing the end of the regular season with a lower-body ailment. The rugged rearguard had nine points in 34 games this year for the Ducks — the first of his three-year, $3.8 million deal signed back in January — but will have a hard time drawing back into the Anaheim lineup as the club seems pleased with its current top-six of Cam Fowler, Francois Beauchemin, Stephane Robidas, Ben Lovejoy, Hampus Lindholm and Bryan Allen.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)