Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Etem, 21, scored 11 points in 29 games with the Ducks this season, spending the majority of his time with the Admirals. The former first-round pick has been very good at the American League level, scoring 54 points in 50 games while leading the team in almost every significant offensive category.
It’s possible Etem could draw into the Ducks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas, but not likely. Matt Beleskey is still getting closer to a return from his lower-body injury and his replacement in Game 2, Devante Smith-Pelley, played very well (going plus-2 in over 13 minutes of ice).
Fistric, 27, was in Norfolk on a conditioning assignment after missing the end of the regular season with a lower-body ailment. The rugged rearguard had nine points in 34 games this year for the Ducks — the first of his three-year, $3.8 million deal signed back in January — but will have a hard time drawing back into the Anaheim lineup as the club seems pleased with its current top-six of Cam Fowler, Francois Beauchemin, Stephane Robidas, Ben Lovejoy, Hampus Lindholm and Bryan Allen.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22