Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Etem, 21, scored 11 points in 29 games with the Ducks this season, spending the majority of his time with the Admirals. The former first-round pick has been very good at the American League level, scoring 54 points in 50 games while leading the team in almost every significant offensive category.
It’s possible Etem could draw into the Ducks lineup tonight when they take on the Stars in Dallas, but not likely. Matt Beleskey is still getting closer to a return from his lower-body injury and his replacement in Game 2, Devante Smith-Pelley, played very well (going plus-2 in over 13 minutes of ice).
Fistric, 27, was in Norfolk on a conditioning assignment after missing the end of the regular season with a lower-body ailment. The rugged rearguard had nine points in 34 games this year for the Ducks — the first of his three-year, $3.8 million deal signed back in January — but will have a hard time drawing back into the Anaheim lineup as the club seems pleased with its current top-six of Cam Fowler, Francois Beauchemin, Stephane Robidas, Ben Lovejoy, Hampus Lindholm and Bryan Allen.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)