Apr 21, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
The incident occurred with 12:50 remaining in the second period. Brookbank remained in the game for Chicago, which was in search of a win to get back in this best-of-seven series.
For Lapierre, this isn’t the first time this season he’s hit an opposing player in the numbers, driving them from behind into the boards. In October, San Jose Sharks’ defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher when Lapierre hit him from behind.
Lapierre was given a five-game suspension as a result.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11