Apr 21, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron toughness can’t be questioned after he fought through a separated shoulder, cracked ribs, and punctured lung in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, but just because he’s willing to play through almost anything doesn’t mean that they don’t take a toll on him.
So while a gastrointestinal virus might seem small by comparison, he’s had trouble living up to the extraordinary high standards he holds himself to while playing through the illness in the first two games of Boston’s first round series against Detroit.
“The biggest thing it affects is your energy levels,” Bergeron told CSN New England. “I was hit by it. It’s one of those things that goes away, thank God. It was a pretty good virus this time around, and now it’s about battling through that stuff this time of year.”
Bergeron hopes to be completely over it by the time Game 3 starts tomorrow (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN). That would be a big boost for Boston as he continues to compete directly against fellow Selke Trophy winner Pavel Datsyuk.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Jimmy Howard is on in relief.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Washington scored four unanswered to beat New York 5-2.
Mar 29, 2015, 4:54 PM EDT
Buffalo has the best odds of drafting him.
Mar 29, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Will he get one next season?
Mar 29, 2015, 3:28 PM EDT
They’ll play at 7:30 p.m. ET tonight.
Mar 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 29, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
The Penguins defenseman suffered a concussion.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Rau recorded at least 40 points in each of his NCAA campaigns.
Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news is that he’s out of the hospital.
Mar 29, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
He’s looking forward to the challenge.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Roy coached the forward in the QMJHL.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:57 AM EDT
They’ll talk after the season.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
Both teams have depleted bluelines.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Vancouver leads L.A. by three points in the Pacific Division.
Mar 29, 2015, 1:05 AM EDT
Vancouver creates breathing room in the Pacific Division.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Wild defeated the L.A. Kings 4-1.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty scored the winner.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Toronto won for just the sixth time in 34 games.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Collided with Cody Goloubef in the first period.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
He allowed two goals on nine first period shots.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)