Apr 21, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
St. Louis will be without its captain tonight when its first-round grudge match with the Blackhawks shifts to the United Center.
David Backes, significantly shook up following a Brent Seabrook hit in Saturday’s Game 2 win, will be held out of the lineup tonight when the Blues look to take a 3-0 stranglehold on the series. Backes will be replaced by Patrik Berglund — making his series debut after missing the first two games with an upper-body injury — and it looks as though Backes’ top-line gig will be filled by Steve Ott.
Morrow — Berglund — Ryan Reaves
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5