Apr 21, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
St. Louis will be without its captain tonight when its first-round grudge match with the Blackhawks shifts to the United Center.
David Backes, significantly shook up following a Brent Seabrook hit in Saturday’s Game 2 win, will be held out of the lineup tonight when the Blues look to take a 3-0 stranglehold on the series. Backes will be replaced by Patrik Berglund — making his series debut after missing the first two games with an upper-body injury — and it looks as though Backes’ top-line gig will be filled by Steve Ott.
Morrow — Berglund — Ryan Reaves
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54