Apr 21, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
St. Louis will be without its captain tonight when its first-round grudge match with the Blackhawks shifts to the United Center.
David Backes, significantly shook up following a Brent Seabrook hit in Saturday’s Game 2 win, will be held out of the lineup tonight when the Blues look to take a 3-0 stranglehold on the series. Backes will be replaced by Patrik Berglund — making his series debut after missing the first two games with an upper-body injury — and it looks as though Backes’ top-line gig will be filled by Steve Ott.
Morrow — Berglund — Ryan Reaves
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9