Apr 21, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
St. Louis will be without its captain tonight when its first-round grudge match with the Blackhawks shifts to the United Center.
David Backes, significantly shook up following a Brent Seabrook hit in Saturday’s Game 2 win, will be held out of the lineup tonight when the Blues look to take a 3-0 stranglehold on the series. Backes will be replaced by Patrik Berglund — making his series debut after missing the first two games with an upper-body injury — and it looks as though Backes’ top-line gig will be filled by Steve Ott.
Morrow — Berglund — Ryan Reaves
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35