Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
NBC will start today’s doubleheader at 12:00 p.m. ET with the Flyers versus Rangers.
New York has taken a 1-0 lead in the first round series after cruising to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. In order to bounce back, Philadelphia will likely need more from its top line of Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jakub Voracek.
The trio combined for just two shots on goal — both by Hartnell — in the series opener and the Rangers were also able to routinely shut down the Flyers’ top line in the 2013-14 campaign.
“They play us tough,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “[Derek] Stepan is a great center and down low he is good with his stick. [Ryan] McDonagh is tough to get position on him. [Dan] Girardi is a big guy in front and makes it tough to get to the net.
“We need a harder game. Jake and G, we’ve talked about it. We just need to be better and faster and more consistent every shift.”
In addition to watching the game on NBC, you can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 24
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)