Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
NBC will start today’s doubleheader at 12:00 p.m. ET with the Flyers versus Rangers.
New York has taken a 1-0 lead in the first round series after cruising to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. In order to bounce back, Philadelphia will likely need more from its top line of Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jakub Voracek.
The trio combined for just two shots on goal — both by Hartnell — in the series opener and the Rangers were also able to routinely shut down the Flyers’ top line in the 2013-14 campaign.
“They play us tough,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “[Derek] Stepan is a great center and down low he is good with his stick. [Ryan] McDonagh is tough to get position on him. [Dan] Girardi is a big guy in front and makes it tough to get to the net.
“We need a harder game. Jake and G, we’ve talked about it. We just need to be better and faster and more consistent every shift.”
In addition to watching the game on NBC, you can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)