Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
NBC will start today’s doubleheader at 12:00 p.m. ET with the Flyers versus Rangers.
New York has taken a 1-0 lead in the first round series after cruising to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. In order to bounce back, Philadelphia will likely need more from its top line of Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jakub Voracek.
The trio combined for just two shots on goal — both by Hartnell — in the series opener and the Rangers were also able to routinely shut down the Flyers’ top line in the 2013-14 campaign.
“They play us tough,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “[Derek] Stepan is a great center and down low he is good with his stick. [Ryan] McDonagh is tough to get position on him. [Dan] Girardi is a big guy in front and makes it tough to get to the net.
“We need a harder game. Jake and G, we’ve talked about it. We just need to be better and faster and more consistent every shift.”
In addition to watching the game on NBC, you can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)