Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
NBC will start today’s doubleheader at 12:00 p.m. ET with the Flyers versus Rangers.
New York has taken a 1-0 lead in the first round series after cruising to a 4-1 victory in Game 1. In order to bounce back, Philadelphia will likely need more from its top line of Claude Giroux, Scott Hartnell, and Jakub Voracek.
The trio combined for just two shots on goal — both by Hartnell — in the series opener and the Rangers were also able to routinely shut down the Flyers’ top line in the 2013-14 campaign.
“They play us tough,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “[Derek] Stepan is a great center and down low he is good with his stick. [Ryan] McDonagh is tough to get position on him. [Dan] Girardi is a big guy in front and makes it tough to get to the net.
“We need a harder game. Jake and G, we’ve talked about it. We just need to be better and faster and more consistent every shift.”
In addition to watching the game on NBC, you can also stream it live by clicking on the link below:
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)