Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings hope to even their first-round series against in-state rivals the San Jose Sharks in Game 2, which can be seen on NBCSN on Sunday and can also be streamed via the link below:
The Sharks rushed out to a 5-0 lead through two periods in Game 1 before cruising to their win. Their goal is as simple as it gets: do more of the same on Sunday night.
For the Kings, it’s a little more interesting, as they must avoid a stagnant start and also need much more from Jonathan Quick. The Olympian and Conn Smythe-winner was pulled against the Sharks and it was very much on him (rather than merely a momentum-related move) in that last game.
These two teams are expected to have a physical, hard-fought series, but the Kings need to be more competitive to make that happen. A better showing in Game 2 would go a long way in accomplishing that goal.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38