Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings hope to even their first-round series against in-state rivals the San Jose Sharks in Game 2, which can be seen on NBCSN on Sunday and can also be streamed via the link below:
The Sharks rushed out to a 5-0 lead through two periods in Game 1 before cruising to their win. Their goal is as simple as it gets: do more of the same on Sunday night.
For the Kings, it’s a little more interesting, as they must avoid a stagnant start and also need much more from Jonathan Quick. The Olympian and Conn Smythe-winner was pulled against the Sharks and it was very much on him (rather than merely a momentum-related move) in that last game.
These two teams are expected to have a physical, hard-fought series, but the Kings need to be more competitive to make that happen. A better showing in Game 2 would go a long way in accomplishing that goal.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 24
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54