Apr 20, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings aren’t a Wild Card team that can be easily dismissed and they proved as much in Game 1 when they held their own against the Boston Bruins until Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk broke the scoreless tie late in the third period.
Now down 1-0 in the series, the Bruins obviously need to find a way to beat Jimmy Howard and will be looking to their top line of David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Jarome Iginla to lead the charge. The trio was limited to a combined four shots on goal in Friday’s contest.
“We believe in ourselves and each other. One game isn’t going to change that,” said Iginla, per CSN New England. “We have to find ways to create more, and get more zone time. We have to find ways to battle through it a little more. Its playoffs and we’re prepared to do that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBC. Alternatively, you can stream the game online:
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12