Apr 20, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings aren’t a Wild Card team that can be easily dismissed and they proved as much in Game 1 when they held their own against the Boston Bruins until Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk broke the scoreless tie late in the third period.
Now down 1-0 in the series, the Bruins obviously need to find a way to beat Jimmy Howard and will be looking to their top line of David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Jarome Iginla to lead the charge. The trio was limited to a combined four shots on goal in Friday’s contest.
“We believe in ourselves and each other. One game isn’t going to change that,” said Iginla, per CSN New England. “We have to find ways to create more, and get more zone time. We have to find ways to battle through it a little more. Its playoffs and we’re prepared to do that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBC. Alternatively, you can stream the game online:
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2