Apr 20, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings aren’t a Wild Card team that can be easily dismissed and they proved as much in Game 1 when they held their own against the Boston Bruins until Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk broke the scoreless tie late in the third period.
Now down 1-0 in the series, the Bruins obviously need to find a way to beat Jimmy Howard and will be looking to their top line of David Krejci, Milan Lucic, and Jarome Iginla to lead the charge. The trio was limited to a combined four shots on goal in Friday’s contest.
“We believe in ourselves and each other. One game isn’t going to change that,” said Iginla, per CSN New England. “We have to find ways to create more, and get more zone time. We have to find ways to battle through it a little more. Its playoffs and we’re prepared to do that.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET and will be on NBC. Alternatively, you can stream the game online:
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38