Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
It’s clear the San Jose Sharks are trying to get L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick off his game. Smart move. He’s just a Conn Smythe Trophy winner from two years ago.
Early in the first period of Game 2 on Sunday evening, as San Jose forward Mike Brown leveled Tyler Toffoli with a huge check in the offensive zone, knocking the Kings’ center into Quick and sending him up into the air and hard to the ice.
Now, unlike in Game 1, the Kings got off to a much better start. Jake Muzzin opened the scoring and gave L.A. the early lead at the 1:51 mark of the first period.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24