Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
It’s clear the San Jose Sharks are trying to get L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick off his game. Smart move. He’s just a Conn Smythe Trophy winner from two years ago.
Early in the first period of Game 2 on Sunday evening, as San Jose forward Mike Brown leveled Tyler Toffoli with a huge check in the offensive zone, knocking the Kings’ center into Quick and sending him up into the air and hard to the ice.
Now, unlike in Game 1, the Kings got off to a much better start. Jake Muzzin opened the scoring and gave L.A. the early lead at the 1:51 mark of the first period.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)