Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
It’s clear the San Jose Sharks are trying to get L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick off his game. Smart move. He’s just a Conn Smythe Trophy winner from two years ago.
Early in the first period of Game 2 on Sunday evening, as San Jose forward Mike Brown leveled Tyler Toffoli with a huge check in the offensive zone, knocking the Kings’ center into Quick and sending him up into the air and hard to the ice.
Now, unlike in Game 1, the Kings got off to a much better start. Jake Muzzin opened the scoring and gave L.A. the early lead at the 1:51 mark of the first period.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)