Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
It’s clear the San Jose Sharks are trying to get L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick off his game. Smart move. He’s just a Conn Smythe Trophy winner from two years ago.
Early in the first period of Game 2 on Sunday evening, as San Jose forward Mike Brown leveled Tyler Toffoli with a huge check in the offensive zone, knocking the Kings’ center into Quick and sending him up into the air and hard to the ice.
Now, unlike in Game 1, the Kings got off to a much better start. Jake Muzzin opened the scoring and gave L.A. the early lead at the 1:51 mark of the first period.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)