Apr 20, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
With starting goaltender Ben Bishop hurt, the Lightning have turned to Lindback and the results haven’t been favorable. However, Tampa Bay’s alternative is 21-year-old Kristers Gudlevskis, who was great in the Olympics, but had just one game worth of NHL experience going into this series.
The Canadiens have a 2-0 series lead over Tampa Bay and Game 3 will be played in Montreal. That being said, Lindback isn’t solely responsible for the position the Lightning are in and it will likely take more than him bouncing back to dig Tampa Bay out of its hole.
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 0
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30