Apr 20, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning got a real scare when Steven Stamkos sprawled into Alexei Emelin‘s knee in the second period of Game 3, but the star player remarkably returned to the ice in the final frame on Sunday.
He’s already skated in a couple shifts as of this writing, although with the Montreal Canadiens widening their lead, the Bolts might decide to mostly keep him on the bench for the rest of the game.
Either way, it was a bit surprising to see Stamkos return so quickly. It’s somewhat common to see players return hastily only to miss time later on, so we’ll need to wait and see.
Take another look at the sprawl that left the 24-year-old looking troubled:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)