Apr 20, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning got a real scare when Steven Stamkos sprawled into Alexei Emelin‘s knee in the second period of Game 3, but the star player remarkably returned to the ice in the final frame on Sunday.
He’s already skated in a couple shifts as of this writing, although with the Montreal Canadiens widening their lead, the Bolts might decide to mostly keep him on the bench for the rest of the game.
Either way, it was a bit surprising to see Stamkos return so quickly. It’s somewhat common to see players return hastily only to miss time later on, so we’ll need to wait and see.
Take another look at the sprawl that left the 24-year-old looking troubled:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)