Apr 20, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning got a real scare when Steven Stamkos sprawled into Alexei Emelin‘s knee in the second period of Game 3, but the star player remarkably returned to the ice in the final frame on Sunday.
He’s already skated in a couple shifts as of this writing, although with the Montreal Canadiens widening their lead, the Bolts might decide to mostly keep him on the bench for the rest of the game.
Either way, it was a bit surprising to see Stamkos return so quickly. It’s somewhat common to see players return hastily only to miss time later on, so we’ll need to wait and see.
Take another look at the sprawl that left the 24-year-old looking troubled:
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)