Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper gave the impression that he wanted to avoid being fined when asked about a controversial disallowed goal from a 3-2 Game 3 loss to the Montreal Canadiens … yet some sarcasm and bitterness couldn’t help but spill out.
His comments covered a range of moods:
Does Cooper have reason to be mad? Here’s the clip in question:
Naturally, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien was fine with the call.
One thing that’s not subjective is that Montreal has Tampa Bay on the brink of elimination after Sunday’s 3-2 decision, even if Cooper & Co. probably feel slighted.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)