Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper gave the impression that he wanted to avoid being fined when asked about a controversial disallowed goal from a 3-2 Game 3 loss to the Montreal Canadiens … yet some sarcasm and bitterness couldn’t help but spill out.
His comments covered a range of moods:
Does Cooper have reason to be mad? Here’s the clip in question:
Naturally, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien was fine with the call.
One thing that’s not subjective is that Montreal has Tampa Bay on the brink of elimination after Sunday’s 3-2 decision, even if Cooper & Co. probably feel slighted.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)