Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper gave the impression that he wanted to avoid being fined when asked about a controversial disallowed goal from a 3-2 Game 3 loss to the Montreal Canadiens … yet some sarcasm and bitterness couldn’t help but spill out.
His comments covered a range of moods:
Does Cooper have reason to be mad? Here’s the clip in question:
Naturally, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien was fine with the call.
One thing that’s not subjective is that Montreal has Tampa Bay on the brink of elimination after Sunday’s 3-2 decision, even if Cooper & Co. probably feel slighted.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5