Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Bickell’s hit put Sobotka down on the ice for a few moments before he got up and headed to the bench. It was just 1:14 later that Brent Seabrook delivered a shot to the head of Blues captain David Backes and led to a five-minute major for charging and ultimately the tying goal with six seconds left by Vladimir Tarasenko.
While everyone will rightfully recall the Seabrook hit, it was Bickell who got the bad vibes started with his questionable hit on Sobotka.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17