Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Update: To little surprise, Seabrook will face a hearing for the hit.
Here’s video of the hit that will surely draw criticism and controversy in the coming days:
Seabrook hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL. Backes was up on his feet and seemed intent on getting revenge, but also seemed groggy and was held back by Blues trainers. There’s no word on Backes’ condition just yet, but PHT will keep an eye out for news.
The Blackhawks seemed like they were going to hold onto a 3-2 lead despite the major penalty (and even some 5-on-3 time), yet Vladimir Tarasenko scored in the closing moments to send this series to overtime once again:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53