Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
Update: To little surprise, Seabrook will face a hearing for the hit.
Here’s video of the hit that will surely draw criticism and controversy in the coming days:
Seabrook hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL. Backes was up on his feet and seemed intent on getting revenge, but also seemed groggy and was held back by Blues trainers. There’s no word on Backes’ condition just yet, but PHT will keep an eye out for news.
The Blackhawks seemed like they were going to hold onto a 3-2 lead despite the major penalty (and even some 5-on-3 time), yet Vladimir Tarasenko scored in the closing moments to send this series to overtime once again:
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54