Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
Chicago’s Brent Seabrook became the instant hot-button player at the conclusion of St. Louis’ 4-3 overtime win.
Seabrook did his best to try and explain just what he was doing on the play as he told reporters following the game as Brian Hedger from NHL.com relayed.
“I was just trying to make a play on Backes,” Seabrook said. “I thought the puck was there … I just tried to finish my hit. We’ll see what happens. I feel bad seeing a guy like that on the ice. I’ve been there myself. I’m not trying to target his head. I’m not trying to do anything like that. It doesn’t feel good to see a player like that lying there like that, knowing that I hit him.
“It wasn’t my intent. It was hit … it’s a physical series. Hits have been laid like that from both sides the whole series. I hope Backes is feeling alright and I hope he’s doing OK. I guess that’s all I can say.”
Seabrook was given a five-minute major for charging and could be facing league discipline for the hit.
If you missed it in our earlier post, here’s the play once again. Feel free to debate suspensions in the comments.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
After racking up 78 points in 69 games.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 3
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 17
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 43
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38