Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
Dallas franchise legend and current alternate governor Mike Modano was NHL on NBC’s live guest tweeter on Friday night and, following the Stars’ 3-2 loss in Anaheim, said the club needed more from its big three of Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn and Kari Lehtonen.
@AnaheimDucks big guys are winning that battle. Andersen, getzlaf, perry. Are out playing seguin, Benn and lehtonen. That needs to change.
— Mike Modano (@9modano) April 19, 2014
Through two games, Getzlaf and Perry have racked up three goals and three assists while Benn and Seguin have combined for two goals and one assist, with Seguin going pointless in the Game 2 loss.
It’s fair to say the dynamic Ducks duo has an edge, though not a gigantic one — the bigger issue, it seems, is in goal.
Ducks rookie netminder Frederik Andersen has been solid, posting a 2.50 GAA and .930 save percentage over the first two games. Lehtonen, still looking for his first-ever playoff win, has posted a 3.56 GAA and .870 save percentage and wasn’t especially sharp in Friday’s loss. Lehtonen allowed three goals on 19 shots and was outperformed by Andersen, who stopped 34 of 36.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)