Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The NHL fined Lucic $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser from behind in the closing seconds of the second period of the Bruins’ 1-0 Game 1 loss to the Red Wings on Friday night.
It was reported earlier today Lucic wouldn’t sit out any time for the obvious incident. It’s the second time in a month Lucic has gotten away with spearing an opponent in the groin. Lucic went unpenalized and wasn’t fined for spearing Montreal’s Alexei Emelin in March.
Lucic could’ve been fined a maximum of $10,000 by the league, but the NHL didn’t opt to go for the full monty.
Game 2 between Detroit and Boston is Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)