Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The NHL fined Lucic $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser from behind in the closing seconds of the second period of the Bruins’ 1-0 Game 1 loss to the Red Wings on Friday night.
It was reported earlier today Lucic wouldn’t sit out any time for the obvious incident. It’s the second time in a month Lucic has gotten away with spearing an opponent in the groin. Lucic went unpenalized and wasn’t fined for spearing Montreal’s Alexei Emelin in March.
Lucic could’ve been fined a maximum of $10,000 by the league, but the NHL didn’t opt to go for the full monty.
Game 2 between Detroit and Boston is Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)