Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will go into tonight’s Game 2 without Nick Foligno once again.
Shawn Mitchell of The Columbus Dispatch says Foligno is out of Game 2 tonight in Pittsburgh but is hoping to be ready for Game 3 in Columbus on Monday.
Foligno has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since April 3 with a knee injury. In 70 games with the Jackets this season, he had 18 goals and 39 points. He’s tied for fourth on the team in goals with R.J. Umberger and tied for fifth in points with Artem Anisimov.
Perhaps more importantly for the fresh-faced Blue Jackets, Foligno has playoff experience from his years with the Ottawa Senators. With the Jackets not exactly being a regular in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, they can use all the previous experience they can through others.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 70
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)