Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will go into tonight’s Game 2 without Nick Foligno once again.
Shawn Mitchell of The Columbus Dispatch says Foligno is out of Game 2 tonight in Pittsburgh but is hoping to be ready for Game 3 in Columbus on Monday.
Foligno has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since April 3 with a knee injury. In 70 games with the Jackets this season, he had 18 goals and 39 points. He’s tied for fourth on the team in goals with R.J. Umberger and tied for fifth in points with Artem Anisimov.
Perhaps more importantly for the fresh-faced Blue Jackets, Foligno has playoff experience from his years with the Ottawa Senators. With the Jackets not exactly being a regular in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, they can use all the previous experience they can through others.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5