Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will go into tonight’s Game 2 without Nick Foligno once again.
Shawn Mitchell of The Columbus Dispatch says Foligno is out of Game 2 tonight in Pittsburgh but is hoping to be ready for Game 3 in Columbus on Monday.
Foligno has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since April 3 with a knee injury. In 70 games with the Jackets this season, he had 18 goals and 39 points. He’s tied for fourth on the team in goals with R.J. Umberger and tied for fifth in points with Artem Anisimov.
Perhaps more importantly for the fresh-faced Blue Jackets, Foligno has playoff experience from his years with the Ottawa Senators. With the Jackets not exactly being a regular in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, they can use all the previous experience they can through others.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)