Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will go into tonight’s Game 2 without Nick Foligno once again.
Shawn Mitchell of The Columbus Dispatch says Foligno is out of Game 2 tonight in Pittsburgh but is hoping to be ready for Game 3 in Columbus on Monday.
Foligno has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since April 3 with a knee injury. In 70 games with the Jackets this season, he had 18 goals and 39 points. He’s tied for fourth on the team in goals with R.J. Umberger and tied for fifth in points with Artem Anisimov.
Perhaps more importantly for the fresh-faced Blue Jackets, Foligno has playoff experience from his years with the Ottawa Senators. With the Jackets not exactly being a regular in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, they can use all the previous experience they can through others.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)