Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will go into tonight’s Game 2 without Nick Foligno once again.
Shawn Mitchell of The Columbus Dispatch says Foligno is out of Game 2 tonight in Pittsburgh but is hoping to be ready for Game 3 in Columbus on Monday.
Foligno has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since April 3 with a knee injury. In 70 games with the Jackets this season, he had 18 goals and 39 points. He’s tied for fourth on the team in goals with R.J. Umberger and tied for fifth in points with Artem Anisimov.
Perhaps more importantly for the fresh-faced Blue Jackets, Foligno has playoff experience from his years with the Ottawa Senators. With the Jackets not exactly being a regular in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, they can use all the previous experience they can through others.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 18
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 5
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 10
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4