Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
A lot happened in 2:26 of ice time for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Brian Gibbons in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The speedy, under-sized forward scored two goals and appeared to suffer an injury during that very limited amount of time. Gibbons, 26, left early in the first period and hasn’t returned to action yet in the middle frame. As usual with these low-info playoffs, it’s unclear if this is a significant injury.
(For one quick example: it looked like St. Louis Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeester was injured in Game 1 of his series, but it turned out that he was probably only dealing with cramps.)
On the bright side, Gibbons made a huge impact in a brief period of time. Here are video clips for both of his tallies from today:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5