Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
A lot happened in 2:26 of ice time for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Brian Gibbons in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The speedy, under-sized forward scored two goals and appeared to suffer an injury during that very limited amount of time. Gibbons, 26, left early in the first period and hasn’t returned to action yet in the middle frame. As usual with these low-info playoffs, it’s unclear if this is a significant injury.
(For one quick example: it looked like St. Louis Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeester was injured in Game 1 of his series, but it turned out that he was probably only dealing with cramps.)
On the bright side, Gibbons made a huge impact in a brief period of time. Here are video clips for both of his tallies from today:
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10