Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EST
A lot happened in 2:26 of ice time for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Brian Gibbons in Game 2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.
The speedy, under-sized forward scored two goals and appeared to suffer an injury during that very limited amount of time. Gibbons, 26, left early in the first period and hasn’t returned to action yet in the middle frame. As usual with these low-info playoffs, it’s unclear if this is a significant injury.
(For one quick example: it looked like St. Louis Blues defenseman Jay Bouwmeester was injured in Game 1 of his series, but it turned out that he was probably only dealing with cramps.)
On the bright side, Gibbons made a huge impact in a brief period of time. Here are video clips for both of his tallies from today:
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11