Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Philadelphia will have to make do once again without Steve Mason.
“It’s all part of the process,” Mason said. “I think we’re doing everything that we can to make sure we’re treating it the proper way. As much as it’s frustrating, I think everybody understands it’s going to be a process.”
Mason practiced on Saturday morning but said the injury that has kept him out of action since getting hurt in the final game of the season against the Pittsburgh Penguins wasn’t feeling right. He’s aiming to return for Game 3 on Tuesday.
Cal Heeter will back up Emery for Game 2.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)