Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are currently engaged in a tense overtime battle with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and they’re doing so without defenseman Fedor Tyutin.
The experienced blueliner hasn’t been on the ice for the Blue Jackets since the first period, which is not a great sign considering the fact that the two teams just finished their fourth of the night. The Blue Jackets haven’t been forthcoming with details like every other playoff team, so we’ll need to stick with educated guesses:
The Blue Jackets are likely to miss Tyutin, 30, more as this game goes along. While he’s seen his role diminish this season (he’s averaged 21:25 minutes per game in 2013-14 after logging more than 24 per night the past two campaigns). he’s still a reliable defenseman for a franchise that has literally never been in this position before.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23