Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are currently engaged in a tense overtime battle with the Pittsburgh Penguins, and they’re doing so without defenseman Fedor Tyutin.
The experienced blueliner hasn’t been on the ice for the Blue Jackets since the first period, which is not a great sign considering the fact that the two teams just finished their fourth of the night. The Blue Jackets haven’t been forthcoming with details like every other playoff team, so we’ll need to stick with educated guesses:
The Blue Jackets are likely to miss Tyutin, 30, more as this game goes along. While he’s seen his role diminish this season (he’s averaged 21:25 minutes per game in 2013-14 after logging more than 24 per night the past two campaigns). he’s still a reliable defenseman for a franchise that has literally never been in this position before.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35