Apr 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The last of the first round series is finally about to get underway.
Boston won the Presidents’ Trophy while the Detroit Red Wings barely scraped their way into the playoffs, but this might not be the mismatch that the standings would imply.
Detroit had to overcome some serious injuries this season and while the team is still missing Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk has returned to join the young players that got the Red Wings this far in his absence.
Boston still has the clear edge though and given the Bruins’ success in recent years, they can match up with Detroit in postseason experience despite the fact that this will be the start of the Red Wings’ 23rd consecutive playoff run.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can also stream it online below:
Or if you’d rather watch Tampa Bay play Montreal, here is the link to that.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25