Apr 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
The last of the first round series is finally about to get underway.
Boston won the Presidents’ Trophy while the Detroit Red Wings barely scraped their way into the playoffs, but this might not be the mismatch that the standings would imply.
Detroit had to overcome some serious injuries this season and while the team is still missing Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk has returned to join the young players that got the Red Wings this far in his absence.
Boston still has the clear edge though and given the Bruins’ success in recent years, they can match up with Detroit in postseason experience despite the fact that this will be the start of the Red Wings’ 23rd consecutive playoff run.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can also stream it online below:
Or if you’d rather watch Tampa Bay play Montreal, here is the link to that.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8