Apr 18, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The last of the first round series is finally about to get underway.
Boston won the Presidents’ Trophy while the Detroit Red Wings barely scraped their way into the playoffs, but this might not be the mismatch that the standings would imply.
Detroit had to overcome some serious injuries this season and while the team is still missing Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk has returned to join the young players that got the Red Wings this far in his absence.
Boston still has the clear edge though and given the Bruins’ success in recent years, they can match up with Detroit in postseason experience despite the fact that this will be the start of the Red Wings’ 23rd consecutive playoff run.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, but you can also stream it online below:
Or if you’d rather watch Tampa Bay play Montreal, here is the link to that.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39