Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild were just seconds away from taking Game 1 over the Colorado Avalanche, but that was until Paul Stastny scored with 14 seconds remaining in the third period to send the game to overtime.
The Avalanche played almost three of the final minutes of regulation with goalie Semyon Varlamov on the bench in favor of the extra attacker. Coach Patrick Roy certainly didn’t sit back.
The Avalanche trailed the Wild 4-2 going into the third period.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)