Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild were just seconds away from taking Game 1 over the Colorado Avalanche, but that was until Paul Stastny scored with 14 seconds remaining in the third period to send the game to overtime.
The Avalanche played almost three of the final minutes of regulation with goalie Semyon Varlamov on the bench in favor of the extra attacker. Coach Patrick Roy certainly didn’t sit back.
The Avalanche trailed the Wild 4-2 going into the third period.
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)