Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild were just seconds away from taking Game 1 over the Colorado Avalanche, but that was until Paul Stastny scored with 14 seconds remaining in the third period to send the game to overtime.
The Avalanche played almost three of the final minutes of regulation with goalie Semyon Varlamov on the bench in favor of the extra attacker. Coach Patrick Roy certainly didn’t sit back.
The Avalanche trailed the Wild 4-2 going into the third period.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46