Apr 18, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
The Boston Bruins wanted to play a physical game against Detroit, but this probably isn’t what they had in mind.
There was no penalty on the play, but Lucic might still get punished for this one. You can see the incident below:
This isn’t the first time Lucic has allegedly delivered this kind of hit. He was accused of doing something similar to Montreal’s Alexei Emelin last month:
It’s worth adding that Lucic, who was mad about a hip check Emelin delivered earlier, flatly denied the spearing.
“Just skating by him and that’s all,” Lucic said, per the Hockey News. “People are trying to say I speared him. I did not spear him, so that’s it.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11