Apr 18, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
The Boston Bruins wanted to play a physical game against Detroit, but this probably isn’t what they had in mind.
There was no penalty on the play, but Lucic might still get punished for this one. You can see the incident below:
This isn’t the first time Lucic has allegedly delivered this kind of hit. He was accused of doing something similar to Montreal’s Alexei Emelin last month:
It’s worth adding that Lucic, who was mad about a hip check Emelin delivered earlier, flatly denied the spearing.
“Just skating by him and that’s all,” Lucic said, per the Hockey News. “People are trying to say I speared him. I did not spear him, so that’s it.”
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5