Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
From SportsBusiness Daily:
Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders Owner Charles Wang has received interest in his team from at least two other potential buyers.
No word on the identity of those potential buyers, but it’s not surprising that additional suitors have emerged after news broke last month that Wang was exploring a sale. At the very least, there were bound to be tire-kickers.
Of note, if it is Barroway that eventually buys the financially challenged club, it doesn’t sound like he plans to be one of those meddlesome owners.
A source tells SBD: “From what I can tell, he wants to be an owner and just hire the best president, general manager, and sales and marketing executives that he can find. He wants to sit in the owner’s suite, enjoy the hockey, and let everyone do their jobs.”
The Isles have one season left in Uniondale before they move to Brooklyn.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)