Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
From SportsBusiness Daily:
Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders Owner Charles Wang has received interest in his team from at least two other potential buyers.
No word on the identity of those potential buyers, but it’s not surprising that additional suitors have emerged after news broke last month that Wang was exploring a sale. At the very least, there were bound to be tire-kickers.
Of note, if it is Barroway that eventually buys the financially challenged club, it doesn’t sound like he plans to be one of those meddlesome owners.
A source tells SBD: “From what I can tell, he wants to be an owner and just hire the best president, general manager, and sales and marketing executives that he can find. He wants to sit in the owner’s suite, enjoy the hockey, and let everyone do their jobs.”
The Isles have one season left in Uniondale before they move to Brooklyn.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)