Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
From SportsBusiness Daily:
Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders Owner Charles Wang has received interest in his team from at least two other potential buyers.
No word on the identity of those potential buyers, but it’s not surprising that additional suitors have emerged after news broke last month that Wang was exploring a sale. At the very least, there were bound to be tire-kickers.
Of note, if it is Barroway that eventually buys the financially challenged club, it doesn’t sound like he plans to be one of those meddlesome owners.
A source tells SBD: “From what I can tell, he wants to be an owner and just hire the best president, general manager, and sales and marketing executives that he can find. He wants to sit in the owner’s suite, enjoy the hockey, and let everyone do their jobs.”
The Isles have one season left in Uniondale before they move to Brooklyn.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)