Apr 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
From SportsBusiness Daily:
Philadelphia attorney and hedge fund manager Andrew Barroway is no longer alone in his pursuit of the Islanders. According to a financial industry source, Islanders Owner Charles Wang has received interest in his team from at least two other potential buyers.
No word on the identity of those potential buyers, but it’s not surprising that additional suitors have emerged after news broke last month that Wang was exploring a sale. At the very least, there were bound to be tire-kickers.
Of note, if it is Barroway that eventually buys the financially challenged club, it doesn’t sound like he plans to be one of those meddlesome owners.
A source tells SBD: “From what I can tell, he wants to be an owner and just hire the best president, general manager, and sales and marketing executives that he can find. He wants to sit in the owner’s suite, enjoy the hockey, and let everyone do their jobs.”
The Isles have one season left in Uniondale before they move to Brooklyn.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)