Apr 18, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
Apparently, a fresh start in Montreal is just what Dale Weise needed.
“I just feel like my career got rejuvenated,” he said, per the Canadian Press. “The coaches here believe in me, they’ve had nothing but good things to say about me and look at the amount we were playing in overtime.
“It’s a coach (Michel Therrien) that has some trust in me and that just instills confidence in me. I just feel like every game I play with this team I continue to build confidence and get better.”
Weise’s coach with the Canucks was John Tortorella. The two were also together for a time in New York with the Rangers.
From the Vancouver Sun:
Weise and Tortorella had their problems when both were with the New York Rangers and there had been signs player and coach weren’t always seeing eye to eye in Vancouver.
“I thought I had some good stretches where I played real well,” Weise told Team 1040 radio on Monday. “I think I had my most success when I had the seven games there on the third line. It was easier for me to get in the action and contribute a little more. I was happy with my role in Vancouver and I thought I did it to the best of my ability.”
A good skater, Weise showed signs he could produce offensively while in the AHL, where he scored 57 times in 194 games for Hartford from 2008-11. He also had a rather prolific run — 22 goals and 26 assists in 19 games — while playing in the Netherlands during the lockout.
He looked pretty good scoring Wednesday’s winner, too.
“I got down on one leg, the old Brett Hull, and I just ripped it,” he said.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)