Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Update: It sounds like St. Louis Blues fans can breathe easy:
The St. Louis Blues haven’t provided any official word regarding defenseman Jay Bouwmeester‘s condition, but it appears that he probably suffered an injury during the first overtime of Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
As of this writing, he hasn’t returned during the second overtime period in a game that is still in progress. It’s believed that Bouwmeester suffered his undisclosed ailment while blocking a shot during that initial OT frame.
It’s been a rough and tumble affair. Jonathan Toews seemed to suffer two potential injuries in extended time, yet he came back from both potential ailments (at least for now).
The longer this goes, the higher the risk may be for more injuries. If Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper’s update from Wednesday is any indication, injury news probably won’t provide much in detail, especially following games. PHT will pass along anything useful if it happens to crop up, however.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 0
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 27
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 20
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 19
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 42
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)