Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EST
Update: It sounds like St. Louis Blues fans can breathe easy:
The St. Louis Blues haven’t provided any official word regarding defenseman Jay Bouwmeester‘s condition, but it appears that he probably suffered an injury during the first overtime of Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
As of this writing, he hasn’t returned during the second overtime period in a game that is still in progress. It’s believed that Bouwmeester suffered his undisclosed ailment while blocking a shot during that initial OT frame.
It’s been a rough and tumble affair. Jonathan Toews seemed to suffer two potential injuries in extended time, yet he came back from both potential ailments (at least for now).
The longer this goes, the higher the risk may be for more injuries. If Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper’s update from Wednesday is any indication, injury news probably won’t provide much in detail, especially following games. PHT will pass along anything useful if it happens to crop up, however.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11