Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Update: It sounds like St. Louis Blues fans can breathe easy:
The St. Louis Blues haven’t provided any official word regarding defenseman Jay Bouwmeester‘s condition, but it appears that he probably suffered an injury during the first overtime of Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
As of this writing, he hasn’t returned during the second overtime period in a game that is still in progress. It’s believed that Bouwmeester suffered his undisclosed ailment while blocking a shot during that initial OT frame.
It’s been a rough and tumble affair. Jonathan Toews seemed to suffer two potential injuries in extended time, yet he came back from both potential ailments (at least for now).
The longer this goes, the higher the risk may be for more injuries. If Tampa Bay Lightning head coach Jon Cooper’s update from Wednesday is any indication, injury news probably won’t provide much in detail, especially following games. PHT will pass along anything useful if it happens to crop up, however.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)