Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks opened up a three-goal lead over their adversaries, the L.A. Kings, in the first period of Game 1 of their Western Conference series – thanks to a pair of goals in the final minute.
Tomas Hertl scored his first career Stanley Cup playoff goal with 52 seconds remaining in the opening period to give San Jose a 2-0 lead, before Patrick Marleau got his stick on a loose puck and buried it into an open net with four seconds remaining.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6