Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf had to be pleased with his team’s 4-3 win over Dallas in Game 1 on Wednesday, but probably wasn’t too happy with how it ended.
After nearly blowing a 4-0 lead, the Ducks were scrambling at the end of the third period to prevent the Stars from tying it up — which led to Getzlaf taking a Tyler Seguin shot to the face with 16 seconds remaining:
As the video shows, Getzlaf left the playing surface immediately and didn’t return. As for his condition postgame…
Ryan Getzlaf has a large bag of ice pressed to his left cheek in the Ducks’ medical room. He does not look pleased.
— Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) April 17, 2014
Boudreau says Getzlaf is getting stitched up, “probably going to be ok but will have a nasty cut.”
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) April 17, 2014
Boudreau said he thinks Getzlaf will be okay and doesn’t think anything is broken but he’ll know more later. I saw Getzlaf with an ice pack.
— Curtis Zupke (@curtiszupke) April 17, 2014
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22