Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf had to be pleased with his team’s 4-3 win over Dallas in Game 1 on Wednesday, but probably wasn’t too happy with how it ended.
After nearly blowing a 4-0 lead, the Ducks were scrambling at the end of the third period to prevent the Stars from tying it up — which led to Getzlaf taking a Tyler Seguin shot to the face with 16 seconds remaining:
As the video shows, Getzlaf left the playing surface immediately and didn’t return. As for his condition postgame…
Ryan Getzlaf has a large bag of ice pressed to his left cheek in the Ducks’ medical room. He does not look pleased.
— Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) April 17, 2014
Boudreau says Getzlaf is getting stitched up, “probably going to be ok but will have a nasty cut.”
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) April 17, 2014
Boudreau said he thinks Getzlaf will be okay and doesn’t think anything is broken but he’ll know more later. I saw Getzlaf with an ice pack.
— Curtis Zupke (@curtiszupke) April 17, 2014
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47