Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EST
Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf had to be pleased with his team’s 4-3 win over Dallas in Game 1 on Wednesday, but probably wasn’t too happy with how it ended.
After nearly blowing a 4-0 lead, the Ducks were scrambling at the end of the third period to prevent the Stars from tying it up — which led to Getzlaf taking a Tyler Seguin shot to the face with 16 seconds remaining:
As the video shows, Getzlaf left the playing surface immediately and didn’t return. As for his condition postgame…
Ryan Getzlaf has a large bag of ice pressed to his left cheek in the Ducks’ medical room. He does not look pleased.
— Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) April 17, 2014
Boudreau says Getzlaf is getting stitched up, “probably going to be ok but will have a nasty cut.”
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) April 17, 2014
Boudreau said he thinks Getzlaf will be okay and doesn’t think anything is broken but he’ll know more later. I saw Getzlaf with an ice pack.
— Curtis Zupke (@curtiszupke) April 17, 2014
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35