Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EST
Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf had to be pleased with his team’s 4-3 win over Dallas in Game 1 on Wednesday, but probably wasn’t too happy with how it ended.
After nearly blowing a 4-0 lead, the Ducks were scrambling at the end of the third period to prevent the Stars from tying it up — which led to Getzlaf taking a Tyler Seguin shot to the face with 16 seconds remaining:
As the video shows, Getzlaf left the playing surface immediately and didn’t return. As for his condition postgame…
Ryan Getzlaf has a large bag of ice pressed to his left cheek in the Ducks’ medical room. He does not look pleased.
— Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) April 17, 2014
Boudreau says Getzlaf is getting stitched up, “probably going to be ok but will have a nasty cut.”
— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) April 17, 2014
Boudreau said he thinks Getzlaf will be okay and doesn’t think anything is broken but he’ll know more later. I saw Getzlaf with an ice pack.
— Curtis Zupke (@curtiszupke) April 17, 2014
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)