Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick knows plenty about winning and losing in the postseason.
He was a Conn Smythe Trophy winner in 2012 when he led the Kings to the Stanley Cup, and he’s been the loser in a few playoff rounds to know that he doesn’t like the feeling very much.
As Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares, Quick feels the Kings can get past the San Jose Sharks because winning isn’t the only motivation they’ve got.
“We have a lot of guys that just hate to lose,” Quick said. “I think sometimes you have two great teams and one team loves to win and one team hates to lose and I feel like the team that hates to lose will end up winning more times than not. I think we’ve got a lot of those guys in the locker room. It’s something that’s a good quality to have, I think.”
The Kings and Sharks have faced each other in the playoffs two out of the past three seasons with the Sharks winning in six games in 2011 and the Kings winning in seven games in 2013.
Talking about losing with the Sharks involved is a bit tricky though since the Sharks have never gotten past the Western Conference Final. If there’s a team in this series that hates losing, it has to be San Jose.
One way or the other, there’s going to be one really good and really unhappy team having their season ended early at the end of this.
- Video: Lundqvist snares Stamkos’ scary shot 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 5
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 25
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)