Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick knows plenty about winning and losing in the postseason.
He was a Conn Smythe Trophy winner in 2012 when he led the Kings to the Stanley Cup, and he’s been the loser in a few playoff rounds to know that he doesn’t like the feeling very much.
As Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shares, Quick feels the Kings can get past the San Jose Sharks because winning isn’t the only motivation they’ve got.
“We have a lot of guys that just hate to lose,” Quick said. “I think sometimes you have two great teams and one team loves to win and one team hates to lose and I feel like the team that hates to lose will end up winning more times than not. I think we’ve got a lot of those guys in the locker room. It’s something that’s a good quality to have, I think.”
The Kings and Sharks have faced each other in the playoffs two out of the past three seasons with the Sharks winning in six games in 2011 and the Kings winning in seven games in 2013.
Talking about losing with the Sharks involved is a bit tricky though since the Sharks have never gotten past the Western Conference Final. If there’s a team in this series that hates losing, it has to be San Jose.
One way or the other, there’s going to be one really good and really unhappy team having their season ended early at the end of this.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)