Apr 17, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Doesn’t sound like Tampa Bay is getting any positive developments on the health front.
Cooper calls Palat a game-time decision tomorrow, said it’s not a concussion, has passed all his test on that aspect
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) April 17, 2014
Palat a game-time decision, Cooper said, and added not to expect to see Bishop (elbow) “any time soon.”
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) April 17, 2014
Palat, the team’s second-leading scorer this year and likely Calder Trophy finalist, got tangled with PK Subban during Wednesday’s 5-4 OT loss and didn’t play at all in the third period or extra session. Palat didn’t practice on Thursday, and his spot on the top line was filled by Alex Killorn.
As for Bishop, it’s becoming increasingly unlikely he’ll be able to return to the Bolts lineup this series, though Cooper didn’t rule out a possible comeback should it be extended. While the club would surely love to have Bishop available, goaltending wasn’t a major issue last night — Anders Lindback did surrended five goals, but also was the busier of the two netminders and stopped 39 of 44 shots.
“He gave up five goals so people will say he gave up five goals but we put him in a tough spot a lot,” Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune. “We have to be better than that, if you are going to go there and say that Lindback cost us the game, don’t.”
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)