Apr 17, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Doesn’t sound like Tampa Bay is getting any positive developments on the health front.
Cooper calls Palat a game-time decision tomorrow, said it’s not a concussion, has passed all his test on that aspect
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) April 17, 2014
Palat a game-time decision, Cooper said, and added not to expect to see Bishop (elbow) “any time soon.”
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) April 17, 2014
Palat, the team’s second-leading scorer this year and likely Calder Trophy finalist, got tangled with PK Subban during Wednesday’s 5-4 OT loss and didn’t play at all in the third period or extra session. Palat didn’t practice on Thursday, and his spot on the top line was filled by Alex Killorn.
As for Bishop, it’s becoming increasingly unlikely he’ll be able to return to the Bolts lineup this series, though Cooper didn’t rule out a possible comeback should it be extended. While the club would surely love to have Bishop available, goaltending wasn’t a major issue last night — Anders Lindback did surrended five goals, but also was the busier of the two netminders and stopped 39 of 44 shots.
“He gave up five goals so people will say he gave up five goals but we put him in a tough spot a lot,” Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune. “We have to be better than that, if you are going to go there and say that Lindback cost us the game, don’t.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)