Apr 17, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Doesn’t sound like Tampa Bay is getting any positive developments on the health front.
Cooper calls Palat a game-time decision tomorrow, said it’s not a concussion, has passed all his test on that aspect
— Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO) April 17, 2014
Palat a game-time decision, Cooper said, and added not to expect to see Bishop (elbow) “any time soon.”
— Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) April 17, 2014
Palat, the team’s second-leading scorer this year and likely Calder Trophy finalist, got tangled with PK Subban during Wednesday’s 5-4 OT loss and didn’t play at all in the third period or extra session. Palat didn’t practice on Thursday, and his spot on the top line was filled by Alex Killorn.
As for Bishop, it’s becoming increasingly unlikely he’ll be able to return to the Bolts lineup this series, though Cooper didn’t rule out a possible comeback should it be extended. While the club would surely love to have Bishop available, goaltending wasn’t a major issue last night — Anders Lindback did surrended five goals, but also was the busier of the two netminders and stopped 39 of 44 shots.
“He gave up five goals so people will say he gave up five goals but we put him in a tough spot a lot,” Cooper said, per the Tampa Tribune. “We have to be better than that, if you are going to go there and say that Lindback cost us the game, don’t.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)