Apr 17, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues will be down two of their top-10 scoring forwards when they open their series against Chicago tonight at Scottrade — but will get one back.
T.J. Oshie and Patrik Berglund will be held out of action, head coach Ken Hitchcock confirmed on Thursday. Oshie has been sidelined since taking a high hit from Minnesota’s Mike Rupp last Thursday, while Berglund is out with a shoulder injury suffered against Dallas on Apr. 11.
The losses were offset by news that sophomore forward Vladimir Tarasenko would return to the lineup for the first time since Mar. 15. Tarasenko, who missed the last 15 games of the regular season after undergoing hand surgery, scored a career-high 21 goals this season.
But back to Oshie and Berglund for a minute.
Of the two, Oshie is the bigger loss — the U.S. Olympic standout finished second on the Blues in scoring this year, with 60 points, and was averaging close to 20 minutes per game.
Berglund will be missed in a large capacity as well, though. The Swedish center was one of St. Louis’ most-active faceoff men this year and is an active member of both the penalty kill and power play. What’s more, Berglund finished sixth on the team in goals this year, with 16.
With these two out, here’s what St. Louis’ lines looked like at the morning skate:
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)