Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
While Carey Price carries the hype and the gold medal into this series, some wondered if the gap in net was that large between the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning considering the year Ben Bishop has enjoyed. Well, Bishop is out for Game 1, so that underdog story is in full swing.
Can the host Lightning navigate another bump in the road during a season full of adversity or will Price and the Habs finally prove too much for Tampa Bay? Will begin to find out with Game 1 on Wednesday, which is airing on CNBC and can be streamed via the link below.
This intriguing series opener begins about 30 minutes before the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Columbus Blue Jackets in their own Game 1. If you want to toggle between the two games or even stream one on your computer and watch the other on TV, the Columbus – Pittsburgh game is on NBCSN and can be streamed via this link.
It’s all about to begin, so get excited (and streaming).
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 0
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 12
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)