Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
While Carey Price carries the hype and the gold medal into this series, some wondered if the gap in net was that large between the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning considering the year Ben Bishop has enjoyed. Well, Bishop is out for Game 1, so that underdog story is in full swing.
Can the host Lightning navigate another bump in the road during a season full of adversity or will Price and the Habs finally prove too much for Tampa Bay? Will begin to find out with Game 1 on Wednesday, which is airing on CNBC and can be streamed via the link below.
This intriguing series opener begins about 30 minutes before the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Columbus Blue Jackets in their own Game 1. If you want to toggle between the two games or even stream one on your computer and watch the other on TV, the Columbus – Pittsburgh game is on NBCSN and can be streamed via this link.
It’s all about to begin, so get excited (and streaming).
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)