Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
While Carey Price carries the hype and the gold medal into this series, some wondered if the gap in net was that large between the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning considering the year Ben Bishop has enjoyed. Well, Bishop is out for Game 1, so that underdog story is in full swing.
Can the host Lightning navigate another bump in the road during a season full of adversity or will Price and the Habs finally prove too much for Tampa Bay? Will begin to find out with Game 1 on Wednesday, which is airing on CNBC and can be streamed via the link below.
This intriguing series opener begins about 30 minutes before the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Columbus Blue Jackets in their own Game 1. If you want to toggle between the two games or even stream one on your computer and watch the other on TV, the Columbus – Pittsburgh game is on NBCSN and can be streamed via this link.
It’s all about to begin, so get excited (and streaming).
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)