Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
While Carey Price carries the hype and the gold medal into this series, some wondered if the gap in net was that large between the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning considering the year Ben Bishop has enjoyed. Well, Bishop is out for Game 1, so that underdog story is in full swing.
Can the host Lightning navigate another bump in the road during a season full of adversity or will Price and the Habs finally prove too much for Tampa Bay? Will begin to find out with Game 1 on Wednesday, which is airing on CNBC and can be streamed via the link below.
This intriguing series opener begins about 30 minutes before the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Columbus Blue Jackets in their own Game 1. If you want to toggle between the two games or even stream one on your computer and watch the other on TV, the Columbus – Pittsburgh game is on NBCSN and can be streamed via this link.
It’s all about to begin, so get excited (and streaming).
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)