Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
It’s easy to overreact to the beginning of any playoff series, but a Game 1 upset would be an especially big deal for the Columbus Blue Jackets. After all, it would be the franchise’s first playoff victory.
On paper, the Pittsburgh Penguins stand as a typical Goliath, even if there are plenty of reasons to wonder about the star-studded lineup. (For one thing: how many of those stars are healthy and up to speed?) Either way, this intriguing matchup can be seen on NBCSN or via the live stream link below:
For those with affiliations (or significant distaste) for one of these teams, trying to squeeze in as much playoff hockey action might be less of a concern. Fans of the game as a whole may want to stream one game while watching another on TV, however, and tonight is a good time to give that idea a test run.
The Montreal Canadiens – Tampa Bay Lightning series kicks off 30 minutes earlier on CNBC and can be streamed via this link.
After that, one would assume that the Dallas Stars – Anaheim Ducks series would kick off unopposed … yet playoff hockey veterans will remind the rest that overtime marathons can make things that much more interesting.
Either way, the playoffs are now upon us, so rejoice … and try not to bite your nails until they bleed.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)