Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
It’s easy to overreact to the beginning of any playoff series, but a Game 1 upset would be an especially big deal for the Columbus Blue Jackets. After all, it would be the franchise’s first playoff victory.
On paper, the Pittsburgh Penguins stand as a typical Goliath, even if there are plenty of reasons to wonder about the star-studded lineup. (For one thing: how many of those stars are healthy and up to speed?) Either way, this intriguing matchup can be seen on NBCSN or via the live stream link below:
For those with affiliations (or significant distaste) for one of these teams, trying to squeeze in as much playoff hockey action might be less of a concern. Fans of the game as a whole may want to stream one game while watching another on TV, however, and tonight is a good time to give that idea a test run.
The Montreal Canadiens – Tampa Bay Lightning series kicks off 30 minutes earlier on CNBC and can be streamed via this link.
After that, one would assume that the Dallas Stars – Anaheim Ducks series would kick off unopposed … yet playoff hockey veterans will remind the rest that overtime marathons can make things that much more interesting.
Either way, the playoffs are now upon us, so rejoice … and try not to bite your nails until they bleed.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42