Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
It’s easy to overreact to the beginning of any playoff series, but a Game 1 upset would be an especially big deal for the Columbus Blue Jackets. After all, it would be the franchise’s first playoff victory.
On paper, the Pittsburgh Penguins stand as a typical Goliath, even if there are plenty of reasons to wonder about the star-studded lineup. (For one thing: how many of those stars are healthy and up to speed?) Either way, this intriguing matchup can be seen on NBCSN or via the live stream link below:
For those with affiliations (or significant distaste) for one of these teams, trying to squeeze in as much playoff hockey action might be less of a concern. Fans of the game as a whole may want to stream one game while watching another on TV, however, and tonight is a good time to give that idea a test run.
The Montreal Canadiens – Tampa Bay Lightning series kicks off 30 minutes earlier on CNBC and can be streamed via this link.
After that, one would assume that the Dallas Stars – Anaheim Ducks series would kick off unopposed … yet playoff hockey veterans will remind the rest that overtime marathons can make things that much more interesting.
Either way, the playoffs are now upon us, so rejoice … and try not to bite your nails until they bleed.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)