Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
It’s easy to overreact to the beginning of any playoff series, but a Game 1 upset would be an especially big deal for the Columbus Blue Jackets. After all, it would be the franchise’s first playoff victory.
On paper, the Pittsburgh Penguins stand as a typical Goliath, even if there are plenty of reasons to wonder about the star-studded lineup. (For one thing: how many of those stars are healthy and up to speed?) Either way, this intriguing matchup can be seen on NBCSN or via the live stream link below:
For those with affiliations (or significant distaste) for one of these teams, trying to squeeze in as much playoff hockey action might be less of a concern. Fans of the game as a whole may want to stream one game while watching another on TV, however, and tonight is a good time to give that idea a test run.
The Montreal Canadiens – Tampa Bay Lightning series kicks off 30 minutes earlier on CNBC and can be streamed via this link.
After that, one would assume that the Dallas Stars – Anaheim Ducks series would kick off unopposed … yet playoff hockey veterans will remind the rest that overtime marathons can make things that much more interesting.
Either way, the playoffs are now upon us, so rejoice … and try not to bite your nails until they bleed.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)