Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
It’s easy to overreact to the beginning of any playoff series, but a Game 1 upset would be an especially big deal for the Columbus Blue Jackets. After all, it would be the franchise’s first playoff victory.
On paper, the Pittsburgh Penguins stand as a typical Goliath, even if there are plenty of reasons to wonder about the star-studded lineup. (For one thing: how many of those stars are healthy and up to speed?) Either way, this intriguing matchup can be seen on NBCSN or via the live stream link below:
For those with affiliations (or significant distaste) for one of these teams, trying to squeeze in as much playoff hockey action might be less of a concern. Fans of the game as a whole may want to stream one game while watching another on TV, however, and tonight is a good time to give that idea a test run.
The Montreal Canadiens – Tampa Bay Lightning series kicks off 30 minutes earlier on CNBC and can be streamed via this link.
After that, one would assume that the Dallas Stars – Anaheim Ducks series would kick off unopposed … yet playoff hockey veterans will remind the rest that overtime marathons can make things that much more interesting.
Either way, the playoffs are now upon us, so rejoice … and try not to bite your nails until they bleed.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)