Apr 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Judging by head coach Lindy Ruff’s comments, it’s foolish to pencil him in for Game 2 at this point.
“He’s just not able to skate,” Ruff said. “He’s not comfortable enough to skate.”
The rugged 23-year-old is officially listed as day-to-day with a lower-body injury, although it’s believed to specifically be an injured foot.
The Stars will likely miss his toughness. While they’re no longer in the Pacific Division, the Stars and Ducks likely carry over much of their disdain from those days.
Like many other younger Stars players, Dillon hasn’t ever played in an NHL postseason game. It remains to be seen when (or if) he’ll managed to do so in 2014.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34