Apr 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Judging by head coach Lindy Ruff’s comments, it’s foolish to pencil him in for Game 2 at this point.
“He’s just not able to skate,” Ruff said. “He’s not comfortable enough to skate.”
The rugged 23-year-old is officially listed as day-to-day with a lower-body injury, although it’s believed to specifically be an injured foot.
The Stars will likely miss his toughness. While they’re no longer in the Pacific Division, the Stars and Ducks likely carry over much of their disdain from those days.
Like many other younger Stars players, Dillon hasn’t ever played in an NHL postseason game. It remains to be seen when (or if) he’ll managed to do so in 2014.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15