Apr 16, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Plenty of big-name players won’t be able to suit up for their respective teams, but Evgeni Malkin is coming back for the Pittsburgh Penguins (who host the Columbus Blue Jackets in a Game 1 that’s about to start up).
Malkin has been sidelined since March 23 with a foot injury.
Naturally, the big question is whether Malkin will be close to 100 percent from a health standpoint (not to mention how much of an impact rust might have on his game). Of course, the counterpoint could be that, unlike many other players, Malkin was spared a couple weeks of the grind during a season when he also dealt with the emotional roller coaster of the 2014 Olympics.
Either way, he’s back, so we’ll see if the Penguins can play like the favorites they seem to be.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6