Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
At this point, NHL teams are becoming less and less forthcoming with injury updates … and this is compared to the “upper-body” and “lower-body” vagueness of most regular season news. It’s not too surprising that he Tampa Bay Lightning provided next to no details about the condition of forward Ondrej Palat, then.
Palat, 23, sat out the Lightning’s regular season finale with an upper-body injury and didn’t log any ice time in the third period or overtime of Game 1 on Wednesday. It’s possible he was injured thanks to a collision with Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban tonight, making it unclear if he re-aggravated that upper-body issue or if this is a different aliment altogether.
All Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said was that he feels sorry for the winger.
One of the silver linings of the Lightning’s turbulent season with injuries and other distractions is that young players like Palat have received opportunities to shine. He did just that, scoring 23 goals and 59 points with a +32 rating in 81 games this season, yet that breakthrough could make his absence that much more glaring.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)