Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
There appears to be good news on the injury front for the St. Louis Blues, as they head into their opening round playoff series with the rival Chicago Blackhawks.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, a number of injured players, including Vladimir Tarasenko, T.J. Oshie, Brendan Morrow, Alex Pietrangelo and Barret Jackman took part in an optional skate, with the beginning of their series on Thursday.
However, when pressed on the matter, Oshie, out since only last Thursday with what’s been described as an upper-body injury after taking a Mike Rupp head shot, didn’t seem sure if he’d be ready for Game 1.
“I don’t know. You’ve got to see how I am tonight, how I am tomorrow morning,” Oshie told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“It really is a day to day thing. If I can, if medically it’s OK and I’m not going to hurt myself worse, or hurt my team, I’ll be in.”
The Blues enter this series on a six-game losing skid to end the regular season.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)