Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
There appears to be good news on the injury front for the St. Louis Blues, as they head into their opening round playoff series with the rival Chicago Blackhawks.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, a number of injured players, including Vladimir Tarasenko, T.J. Oshie, Brendan Morrow, Alex Pietrangelo and Barret Jackman took part in an optional skate, with the beginning of their series on Thursday.
However, when pressed on the matter, Oshie, out since only last Thursday with what’s been described as an upper-body injury after taking a Mike Rupp head shot, didn’t seem sure if he’d be ready for Game 1.
“I don’t know. You’ve got to see how I am tonight, how I am tomorrow morning,” Oshie told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“It really is a day to day thing. If I can, if medically it’s OK and I’m not going to hurt myself worse, or hurt my team, I’ll be in.”
The Blues enter this series on a six-game losing skid to end the regular season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5