Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
There appears to be good news on the injury front for the St. Louis Blues, as they head into their opening round playoff series with the rival Chicago Blackhawks.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, a number of injured players, including Vladimir Tarasenko, T.J. Oshie, Brendan Morrow, Alex Pietrangelo and Barret Jackman took part in an optional skate, with the beginning of their series on Thursday.
However, when pressed on the matter, Oshie, out since only last Thursday with what’s been described as an upper-body injury after taking a Mike Rupp head shot, didn’t seem sure if he’d be ready for Game 1.
“I don’t know. You’ve got to see how I am tonight, how I am tomorrow morning,” Oshie told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“It really is a day to day thing. If I can, if medically it’s OK and I’m not going to hurt myself worse, or hurt my team, I’ll be in.”
The Blues enter this series on a six-game losing skid to end the regular season.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)