Apr 16, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
There appears to be good news on the injury front for the St. Louis Blues, as they head into their opening round playoff series with the rival Chicago Blackhawks.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, a number of injured players, including Vladimir Tarasenko, T.J. Oshie, Brendan Morrow, Alex Pietrangelo and Barret Jackman took part in an optional skate, with the beginning of their series on Thursday.
However, when pressed on the matter, Oshie, out since only last Thursday with what’s been described as an upper-body injury after taking a Mike Rupp head shot, didn’t seem sure if he’d be ready for Game 1.
“I don’t know. You’ve got to see how I am tonight, how I am tomorrow morning,” Oshie told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
“It really is a day to day thing. If I can, if medically it’s OK and I’m not going to hurt myself worse, or hurt my team, I’ll be in.”
The Blues enter this series on a six-game losing skid to end the regular season.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)