Apr 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings managed to make the playoffs despite missing Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg for a large part of the season. They’ve got Datsyuk back and Zetterberg might not be too far off based on the fact that he’ll take part in this morning’s practice.
“I don’t know if he’ll be in a full practice, but he’ll be on the ice at the start of it, be on for a little bit then get off,” GM Ken Holland told the Red Wings Front. “Then we’ll see how he is Wednesday.”
Zetterberg, who underwent back surgery on Feb. 21, started skating on his own last week. He has already been ruled out for the first two games of Detroit’s series with the Boston Bruins and the plan is to re-evaluate him next week.
Beating the Bruins will be a tall task for the Red Wings, but if they can at least drag out this series, then Zetterberg might return to help them pull off an upset.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)