Apr 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings managed to make the playoffs despite missing Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg for a large part of the season. They’ve got Datsyuk back and Zetterberg might not be too far off based on the fact that he’ll take part in this morning’s practice.
“I don’t know if he’ll be in a full practice, but he’ll be on the ice at the start of it, be on for a little bit then get off,” GM Ken Holland told the Red Wings Front. “Then we’ll see how he is Wednesday.”
Zetterberg, who underwent back surgery on Feb. 21, started skating on his own last week. He has already been ruled out for the first two games of Detroit’s series with the Boston Bruins and the plan is to re-evaluate him next week.
Beating the Bruins will be a tall task for the Red Wings, but if they can at least drag out this series, then Zetterberg might return to help them pull off an upset.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)