Apr 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings managed to make the playoffs despite missing Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg for a large part of the season. They’ve got Datsyuk back and Zetterberg might not be too far off based on the fact that he’ll take part in this morning’s practice.
“I don’t know if he’ll be in a full practice, but he’ll be on the ice at the start of it, be on for a little bit then get off,” GM Ken Holland told the Red Wings Front. “Then we’ll see how he is Wednesday.”
Zetterberg, who underwent back surgery on Feb. 21, started skating on his own last week. He has already been ruled out for the first two games of Detroit’s series with the Boston Bruins and the plan is to re-evaluate him next week.
Beating the Bruins will be a tall task for the Red Wings, but if they can at least drag out this series, then Zetterberg might return to help them pull off an upset.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)