Apr 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings managed to make the playoffs despite missing Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg for a large part of the season. They’ve got Datsyuk back and Zetterberg might not be too far off based on the fact that he’ll take part in this morning’s practice.
“I don’t know if he’ll be in a full practice, but he’ll be on the ice at the start of it, be on for a little bit then get off,” GM Ken Holland told the Red Wings Front. “Then we’ll see how he is Wednesday.”
Zetterberg, who underwent back surgery on Feb. 21, started skating on his own last week. He has already been ruled out for the first two games of Detroit’s series with the Boston Bruins and the plan is to re-evaluate him next week.
Beating the Bruins will be a tall task for the Red Wings, but if they can at least drag out this series, then Zetterberg might return to help them pull off an upset.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)