Apr 15, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings managed to make the playoffs despite missing Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg for a large part of the season. They’ve got Datsyuk back and Zetterberg might not be too far off based on the fact that he’ll take part in this morning’s practice.
“I don’t know if he’ll be in a full practice, but he’ll be on the ice at the start of it, be on for a little bit then get off,” GM Ken Holland told the Red Wings Front. “Then we’ll see how he is Wednesday.”
Zetterberg, who underwent back surgery on Feb. 21, started skating on his own last week. He has already been ruled out for the first two games of Detroit’s series with the Boston Bruins and the plan is to re-evaluate him next week.
Beating the Bruins will be a tall task for the Red Wings, but if they can at least drag out this series, then Zetterberg might return to help them pull off an upset.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)