Apr 15, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
No huge surprise, but now it’s starting to sound official — per CBC and the Toronto Sun, the Lightning have ruled out No. 1 goalie Ben Bishop for the opening game of their first-round series with Montreal.
Despite Lindback’s solid play last week, the Bolts must still be concerned about going into the series without arguably their MVP this season. Bishop was the one constant throughout the campaign, providing solid netminding while Steve Stamkos was sidelined with a broken leg and following the tumultuous Martin St. Louis saga.
Overall, Bishop’s numbers on the year are Vezina-worthy: 37-14-7 (4th in the NHL in wins), 2.23 GAA (7th), .924 save percentage (7th) and five shutouts (5th). Lindback, meanwhile, had just eight wins in 23 appearances this season and had a sub-.900 save percentage…though he does feel his game is rounding into form at the right time.
“I think I’m way more patient, I’m way more compact and I don’t open up as I’ve been doing this season,’’ Lindback told the Tampa Tribune. “I feel like I’m more consistent. And everything I do out there, it’s something I’ve been trying to work on and it’s been paying off the last couple of games here.
“So, it’s just now trying to keep pushing it and get better, and it’s time to take it to another level.’’
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)