Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could be without their most physical rearguard for Wednesday’s playoff opener against Anaheim.
Brenden Dillon, who missed Sunday’s game against Phoenix with an injured foot and was seen Monday wearing a walking boot, didn’t practice on Tuesday and reporters got zero insight on the injury’s severity from Stars head coach Lindy Ruff.
“That’s a game-time decision, we just kept him off today,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said.
When asked if the decision to keep him off was to keep him fresh or because he wasn’t ready to skate, Ruff replied: “He’s a game-time decision.”
Dillon, 23, scored 17 points in 80 games for Dallas this year, averaging over 21 minutes a night (third on the team) while leading all skaters in hits (168) and finishing second in blocked shots (149).
He’s also not afraid to drop the gloves, and showed his fighting ability last year in this spirited tilt with Jordin Tootoo:
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)