Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could be without their most physical rearguard for Wednesday’s playoff opener against Anaheim.
Brenden Dillon, who missed Sunday’s game against Phoenix with an injured foot and was seen Monday wearing a walking boot, didn’t practice on Tuesday and reporters got zero insight on the injury’s severity from Stars head coach Lindy Ruff.
“That’s a game-time decision, we just kept him off today,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said.
When asked if the decision to keep him off was to keep him fresh or because he wasn’t ready to skate, Ruff replied: “He’s a game-time decision.”
Dillon, 23, scored 17 points in 80 games for Dallas this year, averaging over 21 minutes a night (third on the team) while leading all skaters in hits (168) and finishing second in blocked shots (149).
He’s also not afraid to drop the gloves, and showed his fighting ability last year in this spirited tilt with Jordin Tootoo:
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 8
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)