Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
The Dallas Stars could be without their most physical rearguard for Wednesday’s playoff opener against Anaheim.
Brenden Dillon, who missed Sunday’s game against Phoenix with an injured foot and was seen Monday wearing a walking boot, didn’t practice on Tuesday and reporters got zero insight on the injury’s severity from Stars head coach Lindy Ruff.
“That’s a game-time decision, we just kept him off today,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said.
When asked if the decision to keep him off was to keep him fresh or because he wasn’t ready to skate, Ruff replied: “He’s a game-time decision.”
Dillon, 23, scored 17 points in 80 games for Dallas this year, averaging over 21 minutes a night (third on the team) while leading all skaters in hits (168) and finishing second in blocked shots (149).
He’s also not afraid to drop the gloves, and showed his fighting ability last year in this spirited tilt with Jordin Tootoo:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 43
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 66
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)