Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could be without their most physical rearguard for Wednesday’s playoff opener against Anaheim.
Brenden Dillon, who missed Sunday’s game against Phoenix with an injured foot and was seen Monday wearing a walking boot, didn’t practice on Tuesday and reporters got zero insight on the injury’s severity from Stars head coach Lindy Ruff.
“That’s a game-time decision, we just kept him off today,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said.
When asked if the decision to keep him off was to keep him fresh or because he wasn’t ready to skate, Ruff replied: “He’s a game-time decision.”
Dillon, 23, scored 17 points in 80 games for Dallas this year, averaging over 21 minutes a night (third on the team) while leading all skaters in hits (168) and finishing second in blocked shots (149).
He’s also not afraid to drop the gloves, and showed his fighting ability last year in this spirited tilt with Jordin Tootoo:
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)