Apr 15, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars could be without their most physical rearguard for Wednesday’s playoff opener against Anaheim.
Brenden Dillon, who missed Sunday’s game against Phoenix with an injured foot and was seen Monday wearing a walking boot, didn’t practice on Tuesday and reporters got zero insight on the injury’s severity from Stars head coach Lindy Ruff.
“That’s a game-time decision, we just kept him off today,” Stars coach Lindy Ruff said.
When asked if the decision to keep him off was to keep him fresh or because he wasn’t ready to skate, Ruff replied: “He’s a game-time decision.”
Dillon, 23, scored 17 points in 80 games for Dallas this year, averaging over 21 minutes a night (third on the team) while leading all skaters in hits (168) and finishing second in blocked shots (149).
He’s also not afraid to drop the gloves, and showed his fighting ability last year in this spirited tilt with Jordin Tootoo:
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)