Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Big day of d-man signings in Philly — shortly after the club inked Andrew MacDonald to a six-year, $30 million extension, the Flyers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Union College standout Shayne Gostisbehere.
Gostisbehere, 20, was taken in the third round (78th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has spent the last three years at Union, helping the Dutchmen win their first-ever NCAA national title over the weekend with a 7-4 victory over Minnesota.
Gostisbehere scored a goal and added two assists in the win over the Golden Gophers, capping off a year in which he was named a first team All-American, a finalist for the Hobey Baker award and Frozen Four MVP.
The blueliner will report directly to AHL Adirondack.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)