Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
Big day of d-man signings in Philly — shortly after the club inked Andrew MacDonald to a six-year, $30 million extension, the Flyers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Union College standout Shayne Gostisbehere.
Gostisbehere, 20, was taken in the third round (78th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has spent the last three years at Union, helping the Dutchmen win their first-ever NCAA national title over the weekend with a 7-4 victory over Minnesota.
Gostisbehere scored a goal and added two assists in the win over the Golden Gophers, capping off a year in which he was named a first team All-American, a finalist for the Hobey Baker award and Frozen Four MVP.
The blueliner will report directly to AHL Adirondack.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 13
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28