Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Big day of d-man signings in Philly — shortly after the club inked Andrew MacDonald to a six-year, $30 million extension, the Flyers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Union College standout Shayne Gostisbehere.
Gostisbehere, 20, was taken in the third round (78th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has spent the last three years at Union, helping the Dutchmen win their first-ever NCAA national title over the weekend with a 7-4 victory over Minnesota.
Gostisbehere scored a goal and added two assists in the win over the Golden Gophers, capping off a year in which he was named a first team All-American, a finalist for the Hobey Baker award and Frozen Four MVP.
The blueliner will report directly to AHL Adirondack.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32