Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Big day of d-man signings in Philly — shortly after the club inked Andrew MacDonald to a six-year, $30 million extension, the Flyers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Union College standout Shayne Gostisbehere.
Gostisbehere, 20, was taken in the third round (78th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has spent the last three years at Union, helping the Dutchmen win their first-ever NCAA national title over the weekend with a 7-4 victory over Minnesota.
Gostisbehere scored a goal and added two assists in the win over the Golden Gophers, capping off a year in which he was named a first team All-American, a finalist for the Hobey Baker award and Frozen Four MVP.
The blueliner will report directly to AHL Adirondack.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)