Apr 15, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Big day of d-man signings in Philly — shortly after the club inked Andrew MacDonald to a six-year, $30 million extension, the Flyers announced they’ve agreed to terms with Union College standout Shayne Gostisbehere.
Gostisbehere, 20, was taken in the third round (78th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and has spent the last three years at Union, helping the Dutchmen win their first-ever NCAA national title over the weekend with a 7-4 victory over Minnesota.
Gostisbehere scored a goal and added two assists in the win over the Golden Gophers, capping off a year in which he was named a first team All-American, a finalist for the Hobey Baker award and Frozen Four MVP.
The blueliner will report directly to AHL Adirondack.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)