Apr 14, 2014, 1:34 PM EDT
With speculation running rampant about his future as Washington’s general manager, George McPhee declined today to speak at length with reporters, saying only that he’d “talk in a couple of days.”
It could be a pivotal “couple of days” for the franchise.
Last week, after the Caps were eliminated from playoff contention, Capitals owner Ted Leonsis promised to “conduct a comprehensive review of what transpired this year.” McPhee has already met once with Leonsis and club president Dick Patrick. There will be another meeting shortly.
Meanwhile, it’s likely McPhee will continue to hear his name floated in connection to GM openings in Calgary and Vancouver, such is the speculation that his contract with the Caps will not be renewed.
Head coach Adam Oates is also thought to be on the hot seat, even though captain Alex Ovechkin has said he’d like Oates back behind the bench next season.
Stay tuned for what should be an interesting offseason in DC.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT(Edit)
Get out the swear jar.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT(Edit)
Yeah, he was.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT(Edit)
Caught Taylor Hall with a heavy hit earlier in the game.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT(Edit)
Now, can they hang on for the win?
Oct 20, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT(Edit)
That’s about as much trash talk as you’re going to get from Willie D.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT(Edit)
Alex Killorn is – again, this is based on same report – out of the lineup.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT(Edit)
“He’s got to go and maybe play out of the spotlight that we have here in Toronto.”
Oct 20, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT(Edit)
Leafs add some organizational depth.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT(Edit)
Colorado, getting some good news in goal.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT(Edit)
Caps are off on a road trip to Western Canada.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT(Edit)
Coach Cooper cites the long trip to Edmonton from Syracuse as reason to keep the rookie out against the Oilers.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT(Edit)
Matt Bartkowski expected to step in tomorrow versus San Jose.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT(Edit)
Already has seven points in seven games this season.
Oct 20, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT(Edit)
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)