Apr 14, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Lindback posted a 3-0-0 record with a 0.67 goals-against average, .975 save percentage and one shutout to help the Lightning (46-27-9, 101 points) earn four consecutive victories and clinch home-ice advantage in their first-round playoff series against the Montreal Canadiens.
Gibson went 3-0-0 with a 1.33 goals-against average, .954 save percentage and one shutout to help the Ducks (54-20-8, 116 points) post four consecutive victories and clinch the top seed in the Western Conference for the first time in franchise history.
Johansen tied for third in the NHL with six points (2-4—6), finding the scoresheet in four consecutive games to help the Blue Jackets (43-32-7, 93 points) clinch their second playoff berth in franchise history (2008-09).
Safe to say, with Ben Bishop injured and his status uncertain for the playoffs, Lindback couldn’t have picked a better time to turn his season around. The Lightning open the first round Wednesday at home to Montreal.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)