Apr 13, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
In the span of less than three minutes of game time, Jaromir Jagr tied and passed Gordie Howe for eighth all-time in assists. Jagr collected the 1,o49th and 1,050th assists of his outstanding career in the third period of Sunday’s season finale against the Boston Bruins.
Check out video of each one:
As of this writing, Jagr now has 705 goals, 1050 assists and 1,755 points in 1,473 career regular season games (assuming he stops at two assists today). It’s been a strong season, too, with 24 goals and 43 assists for 67 points in 82 games in 2013-14 (again, assuming that it stops here).
Those 1,0755 points tie him with Steve Yzerman for sixth all-time in that regard, too.
The 42-year-old states that he wants to come back for another season, and his numbers and quotes make an argument that plenty of NHL teams would gladly welcome back.
Even if he doesn’t, the veteran winger has made some impressive gains up the all-time rankings.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17