Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
Considering the fact that the Anaheim Ducks took the top spot in the Western Conference, fans won’t see the last of Teemu Selanne. Still, with the intensity and uncertainty of the postseason in mind, it makes sense that Ducks fans took the time to give “The Finnish Flash” their full attention in the team’s regular season finale on Sunday.
Actually, even the Colorado Avalanche took the time to tip their caps toward Selanne in an eventual 3-2 OT win for the Ducks.
Fans took plenty of opportunities to thank Selanne, including this moment:
It was also a special night for former Ducks goalie and current Avalanche backup Jean-Sebastien Giguere, who may have played in his final game. With that in mind, Selanne unsurprisingly gave “Jiggy” a slice of the spotlight (via captured by Eye on Hockey):
Thankfully, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided an extra laugh or two amid all the mushy stuff:
Selanne shared a sliver of the attention when he could, but there was no mistaking who was the man of the night there: Selanne was listed as the first, second and third star of the game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)