Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
Considering the fact that the Anaheim Ducks took the top spot in the Western Conference, fans won’t see the last of Teemu Selanne. Still, with the intensity and uncertainty of the postseason in mind, it makes sense that Ducks fans took the time to give “The Finnish Flash” their full attention in the team’s regular season finale on Sunday.
Actually, even the Colorado Avalanche took the time to tip their caps toward Selanne in an eventual 3-2 OT win for the Ducks.
Fans took plenty of opportunities to thank Selanne, including this moment:
It was also a special night for former Ducks goalie and current Avalanche backup Jean-Sebastien Giguere, who may have played in his final game. With that in mind, Selanne unsurprisingly gave “Jiggy” a slice of the spotlight (via captured by Eye on Hockey):
Thankfully, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided an extra laugh or two amid all the mushy stuff:
Selanne shared a sliver of the attention when he could, but there was no mistaking who was the man of the night there: Selanne was listed as the first, second and third star of the game.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)