Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
Considering the fact that the Anaheim Ducks took the top spot in the Western Conference, fans won’t see the last of Teemu Selanne. Still, with the intensity and uncertainty of the postseason in mind, it makes sense that Ducks fans took the time to give “The Finnish Flash” their full attention in the team’s regular season finale on Sunday.
Actually, even the Colorado Avalanche took the time to tip their caps toward Selanne in an eventual 3-2 OT win for the Ducks.
Fans took plenty of opportunities to thank Selanne, including this moment:
It was also a special night for former Ducks goalie and current Avalanche backup Jean-Sebastien Giguere, who may have played in his final game. With that in mind, Selanne unsurprisingly gave “Jiggy” a slice of the spotlight (via captured by Eye on Hockey):
Thankfully, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided an extra laugh or two amid all the mushy stuff:
Selanne shared a sliver of the attention when he could, but there was no mistaking who was the man of the night there: Selanne was listed as the first, second and third star of the game.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)