Apr 13, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
Considering the fact that the Anaheim Ducks took the top spot in the Western Conference, fans won’t see the last of Teemu Selanne. Still, with the intensity and uncertainty of the postseason in mind, it makes sense that Ducks fans took the time to give “The Finnish Flash” their full attention in the team’s regular season finale on Sunday.
Actually, even the Colorado Avalanche took the time to tip their caps toward Selanne in an eventual 3-2 OT win for the Ducks.
Fans took plenty of opportunities to thank Selanne, including this moment:
It was also a special night for former Ducks goalie and current Avalanche backup Jean-Sebastien Giguere, who may have played in his final game. With that in mind, Selanne unsurprisingly gave “Jiggy” a slice of the spotlight (via captured by Eye on Hockey):
Thankfully, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau provided an extra laugh or two amid all the mushy stuff:
Selanne shared a sliver of the attention when he could, but there was no mistaking who was the man of the night there: Selanne was listed as the first, second and third star of the game.
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 0
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 1
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 9
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1