Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Great news, Buffalo Sabres fans: the 2013-14 season is over. That’s pretty much all the good news, though, aside from thoughts about the next draft or two.
With that out of the way, the Sabres broke an array of team records in all the wrong ways. PHT’s own Joe Yerdon shares the most embarrassing one:
Before Sunday’s game, the Buffalo News’ John Vogl pointed out the new lows the Sabres were ready to set. Here’s a quick list:
- Naturally, the Sabres also set a new low for team goals (the previous total was 190 in 2002-03).
- They’ve never had fewer double-digit goal scorers (just four, down from seven) and have never seen lower top team marks in goals, assists or points.
- Not a record here, but something to twist the “Pegulamania” knife a little deeper: Ville Leino finishes the season with zero goals and 38 shots on goal in 58 games. Oof.
So, long story short, this Sabres was one of the worst team in ages at scoring goals. At least there’s (probably) nowhere to go but up, though, right?
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 50
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)